Saturday, November 8, 2008

Answers to Prayer + Verses from Home Group

*Announcement- Answer to Prayer* - Some of you have been praying for my dirty-iron-filled water situation…For the past two days, the water has been sparkling clean! (That may be an overstatement, but as compared to what it was, it’s really clean!!). I haven’t seen it that clean since I’ve been here.
*Announcement- Answer to Prayer! – The hot weather has become much more reasonable and pleasant…probably 80 during the day, and 60 or so at night!!
He is listening to your prayers!!

Two more things to keep in mind…
1) Health/strength for the workshop (see below).
2) Computer charging issues. My computer charger started smoking the other day. Since then it hasn't been working properly...

The workshop is going well. I’ll wait to give a longer report until it’s finished. It’s been a very good, and yet draining week- communicating in the national language and working 10-12 hour days, and having so many people coming to me for answers I don’t have, but am working hard to find!

I started off with a cold early this week, but I thought I was better yesterday. However I woke up this morning again with another ‘knife in throat’ and ‘my head feels like it weighs 50 pounds’ type cold, accompanied by some probably unrelated stomach issues. Fortunately, we have a “day off.” I spent the morning reflecting on His greatness in spite of me, and while I’m still drained physically, at least mentally and spiritually, I feel ‘refreshed.’

Below are some uplifting verses sent to me in cards by folks from my home group. Thank you for your thoughts and encouragement!

“Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you day…the Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still.” ~ Exodus 14:13-14

“I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises. I will boast only in the Lord; let all who are helpless take heart. Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness; let us exalt his name together.” ~ Psalm 34:1-3

“Three different times, I begged the Lord to take it (suffering/weakness) away. Each time he said, ‘My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.’ So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak then I am strong.” ~ 2 Corinthians 12:8-10

Lord, help me to be still, praise you at all times and in all circumstances, and learn to accept your grace in place of the frustrations and difficulties of the situations I face.”

No comments:

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...