Monday, December 8, 2008

This store describes me at the moment...

Well, I found a home decorating store in a south asian country that pretty much describes how I feel at the moment:

It's hard seeing so many Christmas decorations and not seeing my family. When I see all of the decorations, I honestly can almost hear my mom calling to me from the other room to make a batch of cookies. I turn and almost see my brother helping pick up the tree that has fallen down again. I turn again and think I see my sister getting excited to see a few flakes of snow. Then there's my dad just observing his family take in the celebration.

And yet, they aren't here, and I'm not there. It's hard being away from home. It seems I miss my family more now than ever before!

BUT, I'm so thankful to be able to press on for 2 more weeks, and then get to celebrate Christmas together with my family at home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Elizabeth! I'm so sorry that you are feeling homesick. We all miss you so much and are eager for you to be home for Christmas. Praying that time will fly by for you. Also praying for you to have lots of stamina and energy to press on. God bless!

Love, Aunt Nina

Anonymous said...

Aw Lizzy :-( I can't wait for you to come home! luv ya! <3 Bert

Anonymous said...

That is a GREAT picture by the way!!!!!!!! <3 B

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your honesty. I know that I will have days like this and well, your honesty allows me to feel encouraged to know that homesickness is normal. I will pray for you.

-Kelly Spicer

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...