Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"I have something to show you..."

Some bits of some conversation that occured on Wednesday.
Wednesday morning during tea break:
Me: “Hey Sam I have something to show you!”
Sam: “Oh really!!!! What!?! Please, show me!!”
Me: (thinking in my mind- okay, it’s not that exciting, but okay…) My sister sent a picture of her and a friend, would you like to see it?
Sam: “Oh. Okay, sure, show it to me.”

Wednesday evening, before leaving the office:

Me: “Oh, I have something to show you.”
Sam: “Oh really!!!! What!?! Please, show me!!”
Me: (again thinking in my mind – okay, it’s really not that exciting, but okay…). “I took a picture of the dust left by the termites, would you like to see it?”
Sam: “Okay. You have to stop.”
Me: “Stop what?”
Sam: “Stop telling me you have something to show me.”
Me: “Why?”
Sam: “Well…should I tell you?”
Me: “Yes, sure.”
Sam: “Well, do you know what I think you are going to show me when you tell me you have something to show me?”
Me: “Um…no, what?”
Sam: “Well…when you tell me you have something to show me, I expect that you would be showing me the picture of the boy that your parents have chosen for you.”
Me: (gasp!)
Sam: “You shouldn’t be showing me a picture of your sister and her friend, or termites, or anything else. It should be the boy that your parents have chosen for you!!!”

Needless to say, I told my mom that night that she better start working on that!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew it, I just knew it!! LOL... so what was your mom's response?

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...