Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"I have something to show you..."

Some bits of some conversation that occured on Wednesday.
Wednesday morning during tea break:
Me: “Hey Sam I have something to show you!”
Sam: “Oh really!!!! What!?! Please, show me!!”
Me: (thinking in my mind- okay, it’s not that exciting, but okay…) My sister sent a picture of her and a friend, would you like to see it?
Sam: “Oh. Okay, sure, show it to me.”

Wednesday evening, before leaving the office:

Me: “Oh, I have something to show you.”
Sam: “Oh really!!!! What!?! Please, show me!!”
Me: (again thinking in my mind – okay, it’s really not that exciting, but okay…). “I took a picture of the dust left by the termites, would you like to see it?”
Sam: “Okay. You have to stop.”
Me: “Stop what?”
Sam: “Stop telling me you have something to show me.”
Me: “Why?”
Sam: “Well…should I tell you?”
Me: “Yes, sure.”
Sam: “Well, do you know what I think you are going to show me when you tell me you have something to show me?”
Me: “Um…no, what?”
Sam: “Well…when you tell me you have something to show me, I expect that you would be showing me the picture of the boy that your parents have chosen for you.”
Me: (gasp!)
Sam: “You shouldn’t be showing me a picture of your sister and her friend, or termites, or anything else. It should be the boy that your parents have chosen for you!!!”

Needless to say, I told my mom that night that she better start working on that!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew it, I just knew it!! LOL... so what was your mom's response?

The Balance of All or Nothing

I thought that when I became a mother, my "hard-and-fast," "black-and-white," "all-or-nothing" personality wi...