Thursday, July 1, 2010

Elizabeth's Email Update

Short Version –
*This month, I am celebrating 5 years with the organization I work for, and 5 years since I went to South Asia for my 1st 2 year assignment!!  Hard to believe all that has happened in the last 5 years!!!

*There is so much to be thankful for and praise Him for – see praises below!

*I head to South Asia tomorrow – LOTS of travel and story work in the next 20 days – see specific prayer requests below!

Longer Version-
*Praise – It is hard to believe that just one year ago this month the 6 teams I worked with finished their story sets!!  It has been encouraging to hear of how the teams have continued sharing the Stories in their communities since then.  Just today, I received this from a partnering associate:  “Just a note to let you know a colleague will be traveling to South Asia this fall to train 30 home group workers how to use the Blizzard story set in home group work, so there is ongoing fruit from that story set.”  (The Blizzard team was one of the 6 teams I worked with last year in Pan Town!!)  [Picture – Blizzard team below, when they were in the middle of their story project more than a year ago!]


*Praise- I continue to stay in touch with ‘Precious’ – one of the Kahani story-tellers from my first project.  She is married and enjoying her new life in a new location.

She asks for prayer to have patience with her ‘new family’- (her husband’s family).  [Picture: Precious in her wedding dress, and me acting out sharing stories, as we did share a lot of them during my visit to Kahan two months ago!]


*Praise – I was in WA state a few weeks ago and interviewed 5 past storying teams, in an attempt to gather helpful information for improving story projects and providing better support to field workers.  I look forward to how their suggestions will contribute to the success of more people groups receiving His Story!

*Praise – I recently enjoyed a family reunion with my mom’s family (100+ people!).

It was a relaxing time to catch up with cousins, and be encouraged by all that God is doing in and through each family.

 I love my family and appreciate all of them so much!!  (Pictures below!)




*Prayer – I’m leaving tomorrow (July 2) for story work in two South Asian countries.  Over the next 20 days, by God’s grace, I will:

-help train and coach new story teams in a new location.
[Pray for friendships/good rapport to be established with new teams quickly]

-meet with Lazarus- my ‘on-the-ground’ colleague for Tea Town teams to review Tea Town team work
[Pray for Lazarus to understand the computer programs, and the consultant process as I train him]

-supervise 2 ‘process check’ for two story teams in another South Asian country, as they are halfway through their story projects.
[Pray for logistics of the people involved, and for clear communication as I coach a national colleague in how to conduct a process check]

-interview another story-team about the closure of their project.
[Pray for honest feedback from the team and wisdom for me to ask helpful follow-up questions]

-Pray for 9 flights and 2 train rides in the next 3 weeks, and overall safe travel to South Asia, as there have been some recent warnings about travel there.  Also, technically, I’m not allowed back into one South Asian Country until the 4th, but I will be arriving on the 3rd.  Pray that the officials let me in the country a day early!

*Prayer – I continue to have pain in my ankle (After a kite-surfing accident 2+ years ago, and surgery last year).  Please ask God for miraculous healing.

*Prayer – for me to continue to seek God in all areas of my life, and follow His leading.  Also pray for me to remember how close He is to me while travelling, which can often feel very lonely, in spite of being surrounded by so many people!

Recent Encouragement from His Word
“But now, my child, listen to the Lord who created you. O child, the one who formed you says, “Do not be afraid, for I have redeemed you. I have called you by name; you are mine.  When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.  When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end— Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you:  all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!  That's how much you mean to me!  That's how much I love you!  I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you.  Because you are precious to me.  You are honored, and I love you.
~ Isaiah 43:1-4 (Message, NLT, some emphasis added)

In Him,

~ Elizabeth









No comments:

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...