Tuesday, October 16, 2007

1st Journal Entry in USA

It is the first journal entry in the usa after two years of One-Story project in South Asia. I really don’t know what to write, although I’ve had numerous thoughts now and then. I feel like I need to process all of this. I’ve talked about a lot of it with others – and that’s been great.

But, have I really dealt with a lot of it on my own? Not really. Dealt with what, you may ask. Well, nothing major – just returning, and even my trip to Dry Land. What are you, Lord doing in my life with all of that? I’m so excited to think about what might lie ahead – and yet, I wonder if in less than a month I’ll become attached to this world here.

Wow, life is so easy here. Life is so “nice” for lack of a better describing word – it really is just amazingly nice. Smooth, wonderful, convenient, and yet busy…I already feel busy and I’m not even into my main job yet.

I’ve been working on my room, getting it organized – cleaning out. It feels so good to get rid of stuff – and yet, I still have a ton of stuff. My goal is to have all of my possessions IN MY ROOM (closet/bookshelf) – with maybe 1-2 boxes in the attic. I just don’t want a lot of belongings. I don’t need them. After all, you can only wear one shirt at a time, so why do you need 5,000?

When I left 'Kahan', I said these things about where I might go next:
“I don’t want to go to a place where I’ll be all alone.”
“I don’t want to go to a place out in the middle of nowhere.”
“I don’t want to go to a cold place.”

After hearing about 'Chan Village' in Dry Land and feeling attracted to the opportunities there, I felt strange since it oppositely matches all of the above. It is in the middle of nowhere, I’d basically be alone, and in the winter, it gets below freezing and snows a ton. And yet, the more I hear about it, the more I feel like He is leading me in that direction. What? How can that be? And yet, how can I not listen? And yet, it's imortant for my parents to sense this is right too...

Mommy told me Daddy woke up at 4:30am about a week ago and stated, “I can’t let her go to Dry Land.” He didn’t say anything else, but ended up getting up and not going back to sleep. Mommy says she doesn’t know if he was dreaming or what.

God, you’re going to have to work in their lives for them to give their blessing on my trip…that is, if you want me to go. Do you want me to go? Please show me.

No comments:

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...