Sunday, May 10, 2009

Another Friday Night

So, two nights ago, I was exhausted beyond belief. After a very long week meeting with teams from sun-up to sun-down, I came home Friday night and was sound asleep by 7:30pm. Of course, I knew Helen would be coming by around 8:30 or 9:00pm with dinner and would sit and talk. So I left the door open. I was sound asleep, when I felt an irritation on my left arm. I ignored it, figuring it was sweat, bed-bugs, or mosquitoes, none of which I really cared much to do anything about. And none of which I really could do anything about even if I cared! But then the twitch seemed to move down my arm. And it wasn’t hovering over my arm the way a mosquito does. It was actually walking down my arm. Yes, it was definitely not sweat, not bed-bugs, not a mosquito. It was something much larger. I immediately sat straight up and used my right arm to fling whatever it was off of me. I didn’t fling it very far cause it landed right next to me, still on the bed. I pretty much jumped from sitting position right over top of it to land on my floor next to the bed. I dashed for the light a my flip flop, and was armed, ready to attack, in less than 2 seconds. In my mind I prepared myself…’No matter how big, or how small, you have to crush whatever it is, no time to think, no time to prepare, you just have to smack it with all you’ve got.’ And, as soon as my eyes saw the big (at least 2 inches- which is really big, especially in the dark!) black bug, I did exactly that. It wasn’t very pretty, but it was eliminated.

Oh, gotta love Friday nights.

(If you want to see a picture of it, check this out (I didn’t really want bug-guts on my page, so am not pasting it directly on my blog --http://picasaweb.google.com/elizabethstories/Bug11May#5334396424053090578
(I didn't realize til I took the picture how long the atennas were!!!)

No comments:

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...