Tuesday, March 23, 2010

God of Our Whole Life

A wise lady gave me a book recently called, 'Jesus Calling' - it is a collection of reflections for each day of the year taken from specific passages.  A few have really stuck out to me recently.  Here is the one for March 23.

"I am a God of both intricate detail and overflowing abundance.  When you entrust the details of your life to Me, you are surprised by how thoroughly I answer your petitions.  I take pleasure in hearing your prayers, so feel free to bring Me all your requests.  Best of all, your faith is strengthened as you see how precisely I respond to your specific prayers.


Because I am infinite in all My ways, you need not fear that I will run out of resources.  Abundance is at the very heart of who I AM.  Come to Me in joyful expectation of receiving all you need - and sometimes much more!  I delight in showering blessings on My beloved children.  Come to Me with open hands and heart, ready to receive all I have for you."

Psalm 36:7-9, Psalm 132:14, John 6:12-13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see you are PROCESSING stuff! Yes, our identity is in our Savior - so important because our roles change, but our identity need not be jeopardized by a change in roles.
Jesus warned against "presuming upon God" when he was tempted by satan to throw himself off of the temple, knowing that God's angels would save him. Taking a chance for the sake of the kingdom because God has made it clear that He is calling us to do that is TRUST, but stepping out without preparation or godly counsel and expecting God to "save" us is presuming upon God and we end up looking like fools (because we have been foolish!).

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...