Friday, October 22, 2010

A Blue, Brown, and Gray place


There is a place that people occasionally hear about, even fewer see from a distance, and only a handful of outsiders ever actually enter into.



A place where people live every day and every night of their lives.


A place where piles of trash make up boundary lines between places to sleep, lunch and dinner are usually non-existent, cleanliness is impossible, and sickness is unavoidable.


A place that has roofs of gray tin, blue tarps, and tarnished and rusted brown metal.


A place I have only seen from the air, but have not personally lived in, or visited.

A place that 7 million people call, “home.”

A place that discourages, depresses and frustrates me.  A place that causes confusion inside of me as I try to search out what my role is in such a situation.



A place that cannot be tamed easily.


A place that easily overwhelms.


A place that can minimize all of one’s previous worries in a single second, while also giving the greatest concern and heartbreak that one has ever known.




--------------



The two pictures here are mine, but here is a site with many more real pictures of this place.

Just please note, I can't vouch for this sight in any way.

No comments:

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...