Sunday, March 6, 2011

I didn’t realize how gone it was, until I got it back!!


Email to a friend…(with minor edits)

 I’m confused right now.  I feel like I want to return to South Asia SO BAD.  I haven’t felt like this for the past year or so.  I think I’m finally over my burn-out from my last project.  I actually WANT to come back here and LIVE.

I want to sweat, I want to shiver.  I want to get sick.  I want to eat rice twice a day.  I want to have no electricity.  I want to feel dirty.  I want to know the shopkeeper and his family.  I want to drink tea.  I could go on.  Okay, I guess I don’t really want to get sick, but I guess I feel willing to…even knowing what it means, and how it feels.

I have to ‘get back out there’ – in South Asia (or somewhere!) and really THRIVE.

I haven’t been as happy as I am right now in a long time.  I feel so content, and so joyful.  I smile and laugh a lot.

I want to cry having rediscovered this deep part of me that has been suppressed for the past year due to being burnt-out before… It’s like I’m finding that passion, that excitement that kept me alive before.  It’s wonderful.

I didn’t realize how gone it was, until I got it back!!

And yet- I don’t know what it means.  Does it really mean, come back to S. Asia?  I mean, say, in the next several  months?  What does it really mean?  Practically?  Does it mean taking a new assignment somewhere?   What would it look like?  What do I do with these thoughts?  Where do I funnel this passion and excitement?

Anyway, these are just journal thoughts here, friend- I may write a blog about it, we’ll see…… – thanks for listening, and for praying….

Well – I hope you are feeling better and the boys are doing well.

Back to checking stories for now……

~ Elizabeth 

No comments:

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...