Monday, January 12, 2015

Today's Joys: my husband!

Without any hesitation, my first official "Today's Joy's" post will surely be about my husband, Jason.

The other day, I was talking with Jason at dinner.  I shared my frustration about a work presentation I had given that day.  The presentation had gone well overall, but I felt like I could have done better.

Jason listened for a while, told me he was proud of me and then said,
"Well, honey, the truth is, even the All-star baseball players don't hit a home run every time
they get up to the plate."

That was enough to make me smile, but then he went on to praise himself in a semi-sarcastic tone, while I just smiled louder: "Honey, that was a good quote I just thought of…we should write that down… I didn't even get that from anywhere, I came up with that myself…right on the spot… that was pretty good, huh?"

Needless to say, I wasn't frustrated about my presentation anymore, but instead, I was smiling and full of joy brought on by my husband.  I love him!

Here are a few more reasons why Jason brings me immense amounts of joy:
- makes me smile when no one else can.
- has a way of relieving tension in the room
- moves towards me in an argument, not away from me.
- works hard to provide for our family
- laughs at himself and humbly learns from his mistakes
- is grateful for the blessings in our life
- trusts the Lord with the future
- sets an example for me in his own study of God's Word and reading it with me
- prioritizes our involvement in church/Bible studies
- prays with me every day before he leaves for work
- shares his dreams with me, and his fears and frustrations
- is insanely patient with me!
- helps clean the up the kitchen and the house, and makes dinner sometimes too!
- researches the best value for purchases, and finds ways to save money and budget wisely

Note: The intro to this series of "Today's Joys" posts can be found here.

My greatest earthly blessing and joy: my husband, Jason.
Thanksgiving week. 2014: Naples, Florida

No comments:

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...