Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Avocado. (Whole 30 - Day 5)

The last avocado I bought was over a year ago.  I never ate it for fear of the thing.

I just couldn't bring myself to even cut it open.

Since I had paid for it, I couldn't stand to throw it away, but it finally got to the point where that was definitely the better of the two options.  #avocadofail

All that to say, breakfast this morning was pretty remarkable.

And... well, healthy.

I baked an egg inside an avocado  - one for Jason, one for me.

Honestly, it is not bad tasting, but still not my favorite food in the world.

I just don't enjoy the mushy texture.

Knowing it's healthy for me makes it tolerable.

And salt and pepper help too.

And honestly, I feel like a gourmet chef so far following Whole30 so that's nice.

And, I rewarded myself with strawberries, bananas, nectarine, and blueberries!

And I didn't feel hungry at all til lunchtime, so that was a bonus.

#yayavocadofat #yaywhole30



No comments:

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...