Saturday, July 23, 2016

Becoming a Woman of Excellence - Book Review

Becoming a Woman of Excellence by Cynthia Heald is a tremendous study on what the Bible teachers and encourages women to be and to do as women of excellence.


The author shares her story, and also pulls in stories from many other women throughout the book.


Cynthia Heald writes this book as more of a study, rather than a narrative.  There are lots of questions to interact with throughout each chapter.  It would make an excellent study for a small group of women - with the questions already provided within the text itself.


Each chapter's content and questions involve scripture.  In fact, most of her questions ask the reader to look up scripture passages and see how they relate to the topic.  This book gives the reader the accountability and support to get to know the scriptures better, especially as they pertain to a woman's attitudes and actions as she walks in relationship with her Savior.


I would have given this 5 stars except that I was under the impression this was more of a narrative book - I was surprised by the amount of questions and interaction throughout the book.  Had I expected that, I might have given the book 5 stars, but it was not presented to me as that kind of a book initially.


(Note: I received this book from Tyndale Blog Network for this review.)

No comments:

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...