Wednesday, February 9, 2011

God's passionate commitment... He will do what He says He will

Most of today was spent checking stories for my story teams in South Asia.

Then again, most of every day is spent this way.

Many times by the end of the day, my eyes hurt from reading lines and lines of stories, researching commentaries, and trying to interpret field data that corresponds with each story!  After working on multiple files, often times for different language projects, I start to get confused and wonder if I have already made a certain comment for a specific project or not!

I try to recall if a certain team has determined to use one word for God, or multiple words.  I try to remember if I have already asked a team to give me more information about how a story connects with their culture.  I try to think of what stories are already included in the team's story set, or what stories they plan to work on as well as what parts of those stories they might focus on.  Knowing this will help me make suggestions that might call for an adjustment in the story that will better link all the stories together.

In the midst of the tediousness, nearly every day, I learn something else about the One who is the Author of the greatest Story ever told, and I gain a new appreciation for what He is doing.

Today, I was checking an Isaiah prophesy story from one of my story teams in South Asia.
I got caught up in reading Isaiah 09:06 -07 in a variety of translations…..

Isaiah 09:06 -07 -- Taken from NLT, CEV, NET Translations…

For a child has been born to us, a son has been given to us.
He shoulders responsibility and is called:
Extraordinary Strategist, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

His dominion will be vast, and his power will never end.  His peace will last forever.  He will bring immeasurable prosperity.
He will rule with fairness and justice, establishing and strengthening the throne of his ancestor David.
This will be for all eternity.
He is all powerful, and His passionate commitment, and intense devotion to his people will make certain that all of this is done.

Lord, some days, as my energy drains, thank you for reminding me of your passionate commitment, and intense devotion towards me, as your daughter.  And thank you for reminding me that you will indeed bring to pass all that You say you will!

No comments:

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...