Monday, February 21, 2011

Leading, Rescuing, Delighting

He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.” – Psalm 18:19

Dear Heavenly Father, tonight, I want to thank you….

For leading me – Even when I resist, and doubt your plan.  Thank you for gently guiding me.  Thank you for always knowing what is best for me, for always providing a way in, or a way out, or a way through.  Thank you not allowing me to wander into places that you have not already entered and prepared for me.

For rescuing me – Even when I struggle against you.  Thank you for never giving up on me, for never letting me go.  Thank you for your firm grip and unshakable patience with me.

For delighting in me – Even when I am not very delightful!  Thank you for seeing through your Son’s wounds and loving me beyond comprehension.  Thank you for calling me back to you again and again.  Thank you for being there.  For being here...with me.

May I follow your leading, to the safe place you have provided.
May I gladly accept and receive the faithful rescuing that you do.
I desire to bring you great joy, but even when I fail again and again,
may I remember that you love me immensely and continually delight in me.

No comments:

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...