Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Do you feel content? I just have to say that, for today, by His grace, I do!

Do you ever feel completely content?

Some time ago, I think I would have answered this by saying, “No.”  One can never be fully content.

But…over the past week or so, I feel like I have not only been content, but also happy.  Somehow, by God’s grace, I feel content, happy, satisfied, excited to be alive, and thankful for where I am and the circumstances that I am in.

I’m not sure how this fully contented feeling will last, but I’m rejoicing in it for all it’s worth!

I do not know where I will be a year from now, let alone two or three years from now.  I don’t know if I will live in America, or Africa (and I don’t mean to say Africa as a far-out possibility- it might actually be more of a reality than not!).  I don’t know if I will be single, or married, or pregnant (wow- that’s an incredible thought!).  I don’t know if I will be in the same job I am working now, or another one.

But, I love that!

How exciting to think anything is possible, and that a wonderful plan is unfolding even as I type this blog entry!  I have more questions than answers to my life, but I feel content with those unanswered questions.  At least right now, in this particular moment.  (Ask me tomorrow, and I may feel differently!)

Circumstances change faster than a hungry cheetah chases its dinner.
Shifts in weather bring unanticipated winds and storms, but also beautiful rainbows, fresh perspectives, and new growth.

Our life really is temporary.  Our days seem shorter than they used to be.
But this is no reason to give in or give up.
This is every reason to stand up, stand tall, to run, to fly!

As a child of the King, I am an inheritor of the earth!  (Matthew 5:5)
And, it is in that King that I’ve been finding extreme delight and a purpose for life lately!

I just can’t keep it in any longer, I had to share this renewed excitement.

Tomorrow may come, and most likely bring floods of discouragement, and discontentment.
But, be that as it may, right now, I have to capitalize on this joy right now, while it is stirring inside of me!

So, for today, I embrace where I am, finding true contentment in the only One who can give it fully.

No comments:

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...