Thursday, April 2, 2015

Hope in what is not seen.

This is part of a blog post I wrote on April 2.
I have since adjusted it a bit and am putting it back
as a reminder of the things God has been teaching me
Here is an edited portion of what I wrote a couple of weeks ago.

------------------------------------------------------

A couple of days ago, God reminded me of something.

God doesn't work in percentages, or chances, or even probabilities.

His plans work out. 100% of the time.

Always.

If he wills it, it will be.

This is freeing.  This is encouraging.  This is beautiful to me.
This is where I want our hope to be during this season, and really for the rest of our lives.

Humanly speaking, doesn't it make sense to put our hope and confidence in that which has the greatest chance of return on investment?

This has been, and always will be, the Lord.

I'm not saying to forsake all things financial, or medical, or to avoid preparing for the future, or to ignore the wise counsel of others.  Not at all.
Those may in fact be gifts and resources from the Lord himself and we would be considered wise to avail ourselves of them.

I am simply praying that my hope for the future will be in the Lord.

He never fails.

For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all.
Who hopes for what they already have? 
But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

~ Romans 8:24-25

No comments:

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...