Monday, February 15, 2016

My first ever butternut squash! (Whole30 - Day 3)

I had eggs for breakfast.  Scrambled.  Easy.  Done.

Lunch was a spinach, kale, and romaine salad with hardboiled egg, red/yellow peppers, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, and just a few strawberries for fun - dressing was strawberry vinaigrette.

Dinner was one of our favorites, that can be easily modified to comply with Whole30.

Tomato-basil-salmon and Garlic-Lemon-Apsaragus.

Jason's plate: he got parmesan cheese and brown rice too
Dinner - Day 3
Mmmm.
My first ever butternut squash!

Normally we make these dishes with parmesan cheese, but for Whole30 I omitted the cheese from mine.

To add even more Whole30-ness to our plate, I cooked up my first every butternut squash!
YUM.

I had no idea what the inside of one looked like.

In fact, I didn't even know what the outside of one looked like until last week.


It's hard to cut into, but kind-of reminds me of a cantaloupe inside, but far fewer seeds to dig out.


I cut it up, and tossed the pieces in olive oil, salt and pepper, and cooked it for about 30 minutes on 400.


Dare I call it healthy Boardwalk Fries?


No comments:

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...