Monday, July 26, 2010

Lead Me Lord!!!

July 26- Jesus Calling
"Relax and let me lead you through this day.  I have everything under control.  My control.  You tend to peer anxiously into the day that is before you, trying to figure out what to do, and when.  Meanwhile, the phone or the doorbell rings, and you have to reshuffle your plans.  All that planning ties you up in knots and distracts you from Me.  Attentiveness to Me is not only for your quiet time, but for all your time.  As you look to Me, I show you what to do now and next.  Vast quantities of time and energy are wasted in obsessive planning.  When you let ME direct your steps, you are set free to enjoy Me and to find what I have prepared for you this day."

~ Psalm 32:8, Psalm 119:35, Psalm 143:8

My Thoughts Sparked from the above…
For a sometimes extreme ‘over-planner,’ I do take comfort that these passages of scripture are not promoting no planning at all.  Rather, they are encouraging one to seek Him, and ask Him to direct the plans and course of our steps.  I think He likes it when we use the brain He gave us to make the most of our time and plan according to what we really think He would want us to do.  He loves it when we give our fullest to those dreams He has given us.  He also loves it when, at the same time, we hold those dreams loosely!  A challenging balance, to be sure!

But, we can trust that He is always preparing a bigger dream, a more dramatic play, a truly high-def picture for us to be a part of.  It should not come to pass that we had too tight a grasp on what is just right in front of us that we miss His leading to all that He wants us to do for us, all He wants to give us, all He wants us to do, and all He wants us to become.

I appreciate His leading today, and am thankful for the reminder that He is the Ultimate planner.  His plans are incredibly full of joys and trials, that will ultimately result in the best possible life for me!

I am yours.  Lead me Lord!

No comments:

What have you done with this quarantine time?

I’ll be blunt. This question has kind of driven me nuts the past few weeks. To be honest, we have done what we have always done. Worked ...